Workshop Hire Information
Location: Unit 10 Quakers Friars, Cabot Circus Bristol, BS1 3BZ
- Each workshop 'block' is 4 hours long and costs £54 (including VAT) to hire (£13.50 incl VAT per hour) and must include setting up and packing down.
- If your workshop is shorter than 3 hours, you will still have to book the whole block.
- You can book the whole day on a Saturday for £96 (incl VAT) but you must fill out the form in twice, one for each session. In the second form please just write in each box 'full day booking' and the start and end time of your workshop.
We offer 4 slots per week and the workshop must fall within the below scheduled time blocks. The facilitator can decide the start and end time of the workshop but please note, the workshop must be set up and the area cleared within these times:
- Thursday evenings 5pm – 9pm
- Saturday 10am – 2pm and 2pm – 6pm
- Sunday 11am – 5pm
- Your workshop start and end time can be chosen by you within the block.
- If your workshop is 10am - 3pm, you will still need to book both blocks on two separate forms.
On Sunday, your 3 hour block can start and finish anytime between 11am - 5pm. If you use the space for more than 4 hours, you will be invoiced for another £20 + VAT.
- If you need more time to set up, or wish to unload the night before etc please let us know at the end of the form.
- You will be invoiced when you book the workshop and will be required to pay 2 weeks before the workshop/event starts. If you have not paid 2 weeks before your workshop starts and we've had no communication from you, we will cancel your booking and advertise the space. Please read our terms and conditions.
- The workshop space holds 30 participants comfortably on solid, padded restaurant chairs. They are sat on solid round tables that sit 3 - 4 people per table.
- Messy workshops are welcome but venue must not be damaged in any way. Please bring tarpaulin or floor coverings if really messy - we do not provide these.
- Floor is wooden so easy to sweep and clean.
- There is a white wall and projector if needed. Please let us know if you require this.
- There are plug sockets and strong, reliable Wifi.
- Workshop space is on the ground floor, through the shop. It is separated by a stud wall. The shop is open during your workshop so there will be background noise of customers and music
- The workshop space is accessible for wheelchair users.
- Sink is upstairs, not in the workshop room.
- Toilets are upstairs via a main stairway and are also accessible for wheelchair and reduced mobility via a service lift.
- Basic tea and coffee facilities are upstairs with cups and glasses for 15 people.
- You can unload at the back of the shop. We have lots of trolleys for heavy workshop kit and are available to help. Please let us know if you require this and we will send you the details.
- Parking is NOT FREE. You will have to park in Cabot Circus car park or one of the Multi Storey car parks nearby. You are welcome to drop off your kit the day before and collect a day after your workshop. We have plenty of storage space. Please let us know if you require this.
- We encourage you to use YUUP to manage your bookings.
What is YUUP?
- Yuup is an online, Bristol directory of workshops, events and experiences.
- It's like Eventbrite but much BETTER!
- All payments, booking and automatic event reminders will be done through your secure Yuup account.
- PRIOR will have a landing page on the Yuup website and a page on our own website listing all events.
- Once you register you will get FREE professional photographs of your event taken by a professional photographer.
- Yuup take 0% commision if participants book through your own individual link. You can use this link on your website, social media, newsletters and other channels. We will also use this link on the PRIOR website. When participants sign up via this link Yuup will not take any commission.
- Yuup will take 20% commission - If participants find your workshop via the Yuup website while searching for experiences, then they will take 20% from each booking.
- If you are really proactive, you can fill your workshop by using your own link and contacts with 0% commission.
- There are lots of other benefits of running workshops via YUUP - please see their website here
- You do not have to sign up to Yuup. However, we highly recommend it as it reaches a far wider audience and takes the time-consuming booking management out of your hands. Yuup also offer discount codes to encourage new participants. You still get the full amount.
- After you have submitted this form, we will be in touch to confirm your booking, send you information on how to submit your workshop information to YUUP.