Workshop Terms & Conditions
Workshop terms and conditions
We charge a very low space hire fee for £11.25 per hour (+ VAT). This is very cheap for a large, city centre workshop venue. We offer it at this price to ensure that creative facilitators get the most out of their workshops and have the opportunity to develop their practice in a prime, accessible location. To be able to offer our workshops at this price, we have set out these terms and conditions to make sure we are protected.
- You must pay your workshop hire cost, in full at least 2 weeks before the scheduled workshop date. We have found that this reduces the amount of cancellations as you are committed to the session. It allows us 2 weeks to rebook another workshop should you cancel.
- You can cancel or amend the date of your workshop up to 2 weeks before the workshop date.
- If the workshop date is within 2 weeks, we cannot cancel or refund unless it is due to Covid.
- You will receive a full refund if you test positive for Covid and you do not wish to rebook.
- If the workshop is more than 2 weeks away and you do not have the minimum number of participants to host the workshop, you will be entitled to a full refund only if there is evidence that you have actively promoted the workshop on your own channels.
- There may be circumstances in which we (Prior Shop) may need to cancel the workshop. In such rare circumstances, we will provide you will a full refund and make every effort to provide you with another workshop date of your preference.
- We encourage you to use YUUP to manage your bookings. We will not manage your bookings for you.
- All communication with participants about your workshop will be done directly with you.
- You will manage payments and cancellations (unless you use YUUP who manage this for you).
- We will actively promote your workshop on our website (with a direct link to YUUP/your website).
- We will actively promote your workshop on our social media channels and encourage other local social media channels to re-share.
- We will list your workshop on our A-board outside and on the workshop notice board inside the shop.
- You and your participants are not required to wear a mask during the workshop.
- Please bring your own hand sanitiser for participants to use.
- Please encourage and support social distancing.
- Please respect our staff and clean and wipe touch points after the workshop has ended.
Tea & Coffee
- We provide tea, coffee and milk. All other refreshments you will need to bring yourself.
Photography and filming
- You agree that we may include your details and images in any promotional materials relating to the Workshop and/or any materials used at the Workshop.
- We may photograph or film the Workshop and we will ask for consent on the day from you and your participants.
- If you act in any way which in our opinion is likely to cause any harm or nuisance to any person at the Workshop, you will be required to leave the Workshop and we shall not be refund your payment.
- You must comply at all times with our (Prior) health and safety policy of the venue. You must comply with all requests from us with regard to health and safety and failure to do so will result in you being asked to leave the workshop (in which case no refund will be provided). You may not bring any equipment or items of a hazardous or dangerous nature to our venue without us being aware that it is part of your workshop.
- You shall not cause any damage to any part of the venue (including outside areas, and all inside walls, flooring, fixtures and fittings). You are solely liable for any damage caused by you, your employees, contractors, sub-contractors, agents and workshop participants to any such area of the venue and shall fully reimburse us in relation to any damage so caused.
- You must keep your personal belongings with you at all times and we accept no liability for any damage to, loss of or theft of any of your belongings, other items brought in to the building by you, or any belongings of the workshop participants.
Disability, medical conditions and dietary requirements
- If you or your participants have any disability or medical conditions that requires us to make special arrangements for you, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible and at least 2 weeks prior to the date of the Workshop.
Limitations of Liability
- Whilst every reasonable precaution is taken by us to ensure security and safety at the venue, we shall not in any way be liable for any loss or damage suffered by you whatsoever in relation to the Workshop.
- Please ensure you have Public Liability insurance before you host this workshop.
If you have any questions about the above please get in touch: